During your Roman holiday, don’t miss an opportunity to visit baths from times of the Roman Empire, where Caracalla’s baths are one of the most impressive. Moreover, the thermae of Emperor Caracalla are the city’s second largest and most famous in history ancient roman baths.
The thermae were fully functional in the 5th century when they were mentioned to as one of the seven wonders of Rome. The daily capacity of simultaneous visitors is thought to have been from 6 thousand to 8 thousand bathers
During our private Roman Baths tour you will get to know many interesting facts. For instance, did you know that the only area which has yet to emerge from the excavations and remains almost a mystery are the bathrooms/toilets? Also, we will discover the story of the Emperor Caracalla, whose reign was notable for the Antonine Constitution or the Edict of Caracalla, which granted Roman citizenship to people from all over the Roman Empire. Moreover, he had the reputation of a tyrant and cruel leader.
Construction of the thermae was probably initiated by father of Caracalla, Emperor Septimius Severus and inaugurated in AD 216. Interestingly, workers would have to install more than 2000 t of material daily for 6 years to complete the baths between 211 and 216.
Tour to Baths of Caracalla is an ideal accompaniment to our private tour over the ancient Rome and Rome sightseeing tour at sunrise
- Baths of Caracalla entrance fee: 6 euro (3 euro for children younger than 18 y.o.)
- Beginning hours: 1 pm or 4.30 pm
- Duration: 2 hours
- Meeting point: near the entrance to the thermae of Caracalla. The location is 15 min walk from the Colosseum
- Price for the group of up to 3 participants: 125 euro (+25 euro for any additional participant of the private tour)
- Tickets: you don’t have to buy tickets in advance, we will buy them without lines in a special ticket desk
- Maximum number of participants: 6. This is an individual tour only for you/your group as any other tour that we offer on the website.