The Sistine Chapel, located in the Vatican City, has its name from Pope Sixtus IV della Rovere to whom old Cappella Magna belonged and was restored between 1475 and 1481. So on that place the Sistine Chapel was built. There is the 15th century decoration of the walls that was executed by a team of highly respected Italian painters. Moreover, works on the frescoes began in 1481 until 1482. On 15 August 1483, Pope Sixtus IV sanctified the new chapel and dedicated it to Our Lady of the Assumption. The nephew of Sixtus IV, Julius II delle Rovere, partly altered the decoration and entrusted the work to Michelangelo Buonarroti in 1508, who painted famous ceiling of the Sistine Chapel.