Rome has many vegetarian and vegan restaurants with raw food, buffets, and à la carte menu. The main feature of suck kind of places is in the high-quality natural, gluten-free and organic ingredients and a variety of dishes made especially for vegetables lovers.
Here’s the list of the best restaurants for vegetarians and vegans:
Mater Terrae is one of the most beautiful vegetarian/vegan restaurants in Rome. It is located on the rooftop of the Raphael Hotel and offers amazing views of the Eternal City. The plates are organic without eggs, gluten, sugar, and there is a wide selection of dishes with an excellent taste.
- Address: Raphael Hotel, Largo Febo, 2 (Piazza Navona)
- Working hours: 7 pm to 10.15 pm
- Tel. (+39) 06682831
- Website: www.raphaelhotel.com
Ciao Checca offers home-style dishes based on organic and natural ingredients. The place is kind of slow street food and you can eat both inside or take away. There are vegetarian, gluten-free, vegan, and meat dishes. Undoubtedly, this place would be a great choice for everybody.
- Address: Piazza di Firenze 25/26
- Working hours: from 9.30 am to 10.30 pm; Monday and Tuesday from 9.30 am to 4 pm and from 6.30 pm to 10.30 pm
- Tel. (+39) 0668300368
L’Insalateria Taverna Vegeteriana
L’insalateria Taverna Vegeteriana located near the Vatican. It is open only during lunch and dinner time. Moreover, prices are inexpensive and veggie dishes are natural and organic. Personally, I like cozy and welcoming ambiance of this place. Prices range from 11 to 20 euro per plate.
👇👍Our Friends Service👍👇
- Address: Via Trionfale, 94
- Working hours: 12.30 pm – 3.30 pm and 7.30 pm to 11 pm
- Tel. (+39) 3356377484
So What!? Located in Pigneto area and is vegan restaurant popular among vegetable lovers. There is a great selection of dishes, where you can choose among salads, various starters, mains, and desserts. My advice is to try their tofu cake with blueberries and ginger. High-quality service and food are guaranteed.
- Address: via Ettore Giovenale 58
- Tel. (+39) 3298265250
- Website: www.sowhatvegan.com
- Facebook: sowhatristorante
The Margutta veggy
food & art
- Address: Via Margutta, 118
- Working hours: 12 pm to 3.30 pm and from 7 pm to 11.30 pm
- Tel. (+39) 06 32650577
- Website: www.ilmargutta.bio
Romeow Cat Bistrot
Romeow Cat Bistrot is not only an excellent bistrot for vegans and vegetarians, but also a home to lovely cats! The cuisine is entirely vegan with an accent to Indian and Mexican plates. Also, there is a menu of raw food. The tables are colored and paintings on the walls are bright, while cats make the ambiance so warm and friendly. There are different muffins, brownies, raw cakes, and many other desserts, starts, first and main courses.
Try their special fair trade coffee and natural fruit extracts
- Address: Via Francesco Negri, 15
- Tel. (+39) 0657289203
- Facebook: romeowcatbistrot
La Capra Campa
La Capra Campa is one of the most famous Rome’s vegan bistros. There are only 0 km vegetables from the Lazio countryside and all ingredients are organic and natural. You will have a great choice of starters, first and main courses, and desserts.
They prepare the gluten-free and vegan cheeses
- Address: via Dignano D’Istria 51/a
- Working hours: from 5.30 pm to 11.30 pm, Sunday closed
- Tel. (+39) 3274568592
- Website: www.lacapracampa.com
- Facebook: LaCapraCampa
Grezzo is the raw patisserie and chocolate shop. All the sweets are vegan and gluten free. Undoubtedly, you have to try their cheesecake (5.50 euro) or one of the brownies (4.50-5 euro). Moreover, Grezzo serves raw ice cream which is also tasty!
Raw chocolate manipulated at low temperatures thus saving all the nutritional qualities of the cocoa
- Address: Via Urbana 30
- Working hours: 11 am to 11 pm; Friday and Saturday until 12 am
- Tel. (+39) 06483443
- Website: www.grezzoitalia.it
- Facebook: grezzorawchocolate
Universo Vegano offers home-made Italian food without any conservatives or colorants. There are burgers with a tofu and spinach filling, vegetable mayonnaise and special veggie cheese (5.60 euro) or vegetarian pizza, La Veghizza. Overall, the place serves excellent variety of natural and tasty dishes and has a welcoming atmosphere.
- Address: Piazza del Paradiso 18
- Working hours: from 12.30 pm to 3.30 pm and from 7 pm to 10 pm; Friday and Saturday until 11 pm; Sunday until 10.30 pm
- Tel. (+39) 3481004757
- Website: www.universovegano.it
Orto located in Prati area and is a vegetarian restaurant with generous portions and inexpensive prices. Usually, there is a buffet for lunch which costs 9 euro, while for dinner there is à la carte menu.
Each week Orto prepares two specials for their guests to try something new
- Address: via Giuseppe Gioacchino Belli 142
- Working hours: 12.30 pm to 3 pm and 7.30 pm to 11.30 pm
- Tel. (+39) 0645678050
- Website: ristoranteorto.it
Beehive Café located near the Termini station and is part of the eco hostel owned by American couple. The café serves breakfasts and dinners on selected evenings. One of the main features is its cozy ambiance and an intimate vibe.
- Address: via Marghera 8 (Termini)
- Breakfast: 7.30 am to 10.30 am
- Tel. (+39) 0644704553
- Website: www.the-beehive.com
Fiore Crudo e Vapore
Fiore Crudo e Vapore is a restaurant where the cuisine combines traditional and local recipes with raw cooking. It would be a great choice for everybody. All ingredients are natural and organic with the selection of vegetarian and vegan food in the menu. Also, you can choose among gourmet dishes or traditional meat and fish plates.
Try their excellent salads (from 8 to 16 euro)
- Address: via Boncompagni 31/33
- Working hours: 12.30 pm to 3.30 pm and 5 pm to 11.45 pm
- Tel. (+39) 0642020400
- Website: www.fiore.roma.it
Rome considered as one of the most vegetarian and vegan-friendly cities with a great variety of places where to eat raw food with natural and organic ingredients. What is your favorite place?